Are you systematic, organized and take pride in being meticulous even under time pressure? Are you interested in working in the core of production in the forefront of life sciences and healthcare? If you answered ”yes!”, keep reading!
Blueprint Genetics is one of the fastest growing clinical genetic testing companies for rare inherited diseases globally. To meet the demands of our rapid growth, our Production Services Team is now looking for Accessioning Specialist to work at our sample reception in our Keilaniemi office in Espoo. This is a permanent, full-time position.
As an accessioning specialist your primary task will be to review orders, perform sample reception and specimen accessioning and record sample information into our system. You confirm that samples arriving to our laboratory comply with our sample requirements and review the enclosed paperwork. You use your knowledge of our products and your background in life sciences to make sure the test choices are optimal for the customer’s needs. You take pride in being meticulous as your work as an accessioning specialist is very detail-oriented and guided by precise guidelines. Problem-solving skills are needed to apply those guidelines in practice for the diverse patient cases that are received by our laboratory. On a daily basis, you will have a chance to work closely with other Blueprint Genetics’ awesome experts from customer support to clinical genetics.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Reviewing orders, sample reception and accessioning
- Recording sample information in the Laboratory Information System
- Performing quality control for clinical samples and clinical records
- Examining requisitions to ascertain acceptability against established criteria
- Investigating incomplete or unacceptable submissions
- Organizing samples and paperwork per established protocol
We hope that you are highly motivated to work in specimen accessioning and eager to learn more about our production processes. You take pride in having superior attention to detail and you are comfortable with following routines and processes. In order to ensure an uninterrupted production chain, our team works in shifts, including evenings and weekends. We value flexibility and the ability to work under pressure, as at times the work can get hectic due to a high level of incoming samples. Last but not least, we aspire to find a person who fits the inclusive, low-hierarchy and positive culture of Blueprint Genetics!
Our ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; a degree in Life Sciences is an asset
- Any specialization and/or prior experience in medical genetics and laboratory accessioning is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in English
- Superior attention to detail, and a systematic approach to work
- Good computer and data entry skills
- Enthusiasm to learn more about our products and production processes, and a passion to develop them further
- The ability to work in shifts (including weekends and evenings)
What we offer:
At Blueprint Genetics you will be a part of a global team of innovative, dynamic, and motivated people at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer a chance to develop your skills further in a positive, low-hierarchy working environment. As an accessioning specialist you’ll become part of our crew of 15 dedicated, supportive and diverse group of people. You’ll be in frontline of our operations and playing a key role in ensuring our production process runs smoothly and targets are met.
Does this sound like your next career move? Please apply latest on Sunday, April 18. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.