Technologist Medical I
Blueprint Genetics, a Quest Diagnostics company, is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare with our four guiding principles: sense of purpose, teamwork, transparency and customer focus. We are currently recruiting for a Technologist Medical I to join our team at Seattle, WA.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide world-class genetic diagnostics for rare inherited diseases in 14 medical specialties. Our promise is to provide clinicians and their patients with comprehensive and high-quality tools and resources for diagnosis of genetic conditions. In doing so, we provide possibilities for targeted treatment and individualized care for patients. The Medical Technologist I performs tests requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility in those specialties in which the Technologist is qualified by education, training and experience. In addition, the Medical Technologist I is responsible for assuring that a given test system is operated in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual and that the applicable quality control requirements are met. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.This position is located at our Blueprint Genetics Facility
Your main tasks will include:
- Responsible for performing assigned tests in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual, ensuring that applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Ensures that test systems are "in control" for each test performed.
- Ensures that each test is performed according to the schedule outlined by laboratory protocol.
- Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Reports any actual or potential deviation from standard or accepted testing procedures, and cooperates fully with any investigation of same.
- May assist supervisor with training of technicians and other laboratory personnel.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional and sanitary condition.
- Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements.
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b) engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed by management.
- May be required, in the absence of a Supervisor, to assume lead responsibilities.
- See Addendum, if applicable.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by competent authority.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological, chemical or physical science from an accredited institution, plus one (1) year full-time testing experience and/or training in a clinical laboratory setting
- Previous experience with DNA extraction, Sanger sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), and automated liquid handling.
- Basic theoretical and operational job knowledge in designated specialty required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries from clients.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computer terminal operations.
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner.
- Required to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for extended periods of time.
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics you will work with dedicated and innovative colleagues and experts with versatile backgrounds, whilst having an opportunity to support industry-changing solutions at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer you generous health, dental, and vision insurance plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off, company paid holidays, and 1 floating holiday. You will join an open, global and collaborative work environment where you can learn and grow together with the company.