Clinical Interpretation Team – Helsinki
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds who share the passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders. Our constantly evolving diagnostic portfolio currently includes over 400 tests that cover a wide variety of clinical specialties and diagnostic approaches, including Whole Exome Sequencing. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers.
To further develop our testing portfolio and to support our Geneticists in interpreting the results of genetic testing, we are looking for a Specialist in Clinical/Medical Genetics to join our Clinical Interpretation Team. If you have the ambition to be among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine, you might be the person we are looking for.
You will provide Clinical expertise for our Clinical Interpretation Team in panel and exome diagnostics interpretation, as well support our customers in selecting the most optimal testing strategy for genetic diagnostics as part of our Clinical Genetics Support service.
Furthermore, in this position you will be evaluating and improving our test portfolio to meet new clinical needs. You will design new products in collaboration with our Geneticists and Clinical Consultants, utilizing input from the clinical community and key opinion leaders in the field. In addition, you will be part of our team effort to validate new approaches, developing tools and strategies needed for keeping up with newly characterized disease genes. You also get to collaborate with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists with the development of our proprietary software tools that enable us to interpret identified variants efficiently by utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- M.D., with completed specialist training in Clinical/Medical genetics
- Ph.D in relevant field appreciated.
Experience and skills:
- Clinical experience working with a wide spectrum of inherited disorders (from prenatal to adult onset disorders).
- Having knowledge about the various current genomic information and variant databases is essential.
- Beneficial experience includes knowledge about Next-Generation Sequencing and other DNA analysis methods.
- Fluent skills in oral and written English are a necessity.
- Great attention to detail
- Critical thinking when reviewing scientific literature
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent follow-through abilities
- Fitting the immediate, low-hierarchy and positive Blueprint culture
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a valued part of our global and multidisciplinary team of people who want to make a difference. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with a unique company and great colleagues. You get to use everything you have learned in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before.
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Clinical Interpretation Team Leader Dr. Eveliina Salminen at eveliina.salminen[at]blueprintgenetics.com.
Apply by 22nd of September