Are you a pragmatic and self-driven privacy professional looking to take the next step in your career? Does working at the forefront of life sciences and healthcare sound interesting to you?
Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for a full-time Privacy Manager to strengthen our regulatory and compliance capabilities in Keilaniemi, Espoo.
We want to improve the life of individuals and families impacted by inherited diseases. For this purpose, our customers trust us with their most sensitive information and expect the highest degree of care throughout the diagnostic process. To support our continued growth, we need a pragmatic and hands-on Privacy Manager to take ownership of all things personal data in our EMEA and International business.
As Privacy Manager, your job is to see to that our organization complies with all applicable data protection requirements while providing high-quality genetic testing service to our customers, including university hospitals, academia, and biopharmaceutical companies developing ground-breaking therapies for inherited disorders.
While we expect you to be familiar with the GDPR, in-depth legal expertise is not required. You will have the support of experienced in-house and outside counsels and privacy experts. Our key requirements are those of character: service-mindedness, proactiveness, creativity and willingness to take ownership. You are ready to deal with even the most difficult questions with no clear answer.
Your main tasks will include:
- Ownership of Blueprint Genetics’ European Privacy Program
- Informing and advising all personnel on data protection matters
- Implementing applicable Group-wide policies and procedures
- Liaising with Legal, Compliance, Quality Assurance and IT
- Monitoring compliance with privacy legislation and practices
- Training personnel involved in data processing operations and related audits
- Participating in vendor qualification processes
- Cooperating with supervisory authorities, auditors and customers in data protection matters
- Participating in drafting of data protection documentation, policies, forms and agreements
- Non-conformity reporting, assessment and corrective actions
- Processing data subject inquiries and requests
- Performing periodic assessment of data protection activities and non-conformities
Your colleagues include professionals in a variety of fields, such as molecular biology, software development, business development and human resources. You will act as a data protection officer for Blueprint Genetics’ Finnish entity. You will also get to frequently interact with your counterparts based in the United States.
We are your place to grow together with a world-class, fun and truly diverse team. If you feel comfortable navigating your way in a complex operation that aims for something never done before, this position is for you.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Multiple years of work experience in privacy matters
- A suitable higher educational background
- Ability to work autonomously
- Full working proficiency in Finnish and English, other languages are an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills and experience from a cross-functional role
- Experience from healthcare or other highly regulated industries is an asset
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you will be a part of a global team of innovative, dynamic, and motivated people at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer a chance to develop your skills further in a positive, low-hierarchy working environment. Our ways of working are modern, flexible and take into account peoples’ personal needs and desires.
If this sounds like you, please apply latest on Sunday, May 23. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact our People Ops, by email: email@example.com
Who we are
We are a specialty genetics and bioinformatics company focused on providing genetic testing for inherited diseases. We are based in Keilaniemi (Espoo), Finland with a U.S. hub in Seattle, and a customer base spanning over 70 countries. www.blueprintgenetics.com
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com