Are you an expert in human genetics and inherited diseases? Do you have the ambition to utilize your experience in genetic interpretation whilst being among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine? Are you passionate about helping patients? If you answered “yes,” you might be the person we are looking for!
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds, who share a passion for helping patients and families affected by inherited disorders. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Geneticist to join our Helsinki Clinical Interpretation Team.
In this Geneticist position, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and motivated geneticist team that places great value in high-class clinical interpretation. We have a diverse genetic testing portfolio, including over 220 panels across 14 medical specialties, whole exome sequencing, approximately 3,900 single genes, and targeted variant analysis
Your daily work will entail analyzing the genetic data with our in-house developed interpretation tool and writing the test results into high-quality written statements. Interpretation of the data requires the use of several databases, genetic tools, and understanding of how the clinical history of the patient matches with the findings. In more challenging cases, you are supported by a group of clinical consultants in various medical specialties.
What we expect from you
We are looking for a person with a patient-first mindset, who is truly motivated to find answers for individuals affected by inherited diseases. You are able to deliver high-quality results independently, and taking responsibility comes naturally to you. At the same time, you are a team player with an eagerness to work towards a common goal. You are enthusiastic about keeping up with the most recent scientific findings and developing your expertise. You work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced production environment and you adjust effortlessly to evolving situations.
Our ideal candidate has:
- PhD in Genetics or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics
- Excellent understanding of human genetics, inheritance models and inherited human diseases, and the ability to understand medical terminology and learn clinical aspects of the diseases
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases, in addition to experience in NGS methods
- Uncompromised attention to detail. In practice this means that an analytical, critical and systemic approach, as well as ability to follow rules, is needed to maintain coherent variant classifications throughout the team and the high quality of the reports. Experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods is an asset, but similar research experience is valued as well
- Experience in whole exome analysis in a clinical setting is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are a necessity
- Strong experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS is a necessity for a possible remote position
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, the work you do has a real impact on patients’ lives, and this commitment is something our team takes great pride in.
Our global and multidisciplinary team of geneticists is a unique group of more than 40 PhD level scientists and Clinical Laboratory Geneticists. Our team members have an average of more than 13 years of previous scientific experience, several years in clinical diagnostics (per person), and altogether approximately 500 peer-reviewed scientific articles published. Thus, you will be supported by a group with extensive experience in the field.
In this role, you get to utilize your skills and experience in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before. Our working culture is open, positive and low-hierarchy. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment, where you can learn and grow together with great colleagues!
If you are up for the challenge, please submit your application and CV at the latest by June 30, 2021 with your salary request.
This position is preferably based out of our Helsinki office, but there is also a possibility to work remotely from Germany, Spain or Sweden where some of our team members are based.
In case of any questions, you may send a message to Clinical Interpretation Manager email@example.com