Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Genetics Director to join our team in Seattle.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide world-class genetic diagnostics and clinical interpretation for rare inherited diseases in 14 medical specialties. Our promise is to provide clinicians and their patients with comprehensive and high-quality tools and resources for diagnosis of genetic conditions. In doing so, we provide possibilities for targeted treatment and individualized care for patients.
The Genetics Director is responsible for the review and release of clinical result reports from Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) and next-generation sequencing(NGS)-based panels. In this role, you will assist with regulatory tasks for the laboratory facility as needed. Additional tasks include assisting with the training and continuing education of the interpretation team as well as developing educational material for marketing purposes.
You can join us at our office in Seattle, but we also offer the option of working fully remotely anywhere within the United States.
- Reviewing and releasing result reports, ensuring a high standard of quality and timely processing
- Informing the Laboratory Director of all complaints concerning the validity of test results, turnaround times, and the like
- Performing quality control for NGS data
- Assisting with laboratory regulatory tasks as needed
- Actively supporting and complying with laboratory policies and procedures
- Actively participating in continuing education series including journal club presentations, assay launch presentations, and complex variant discussions and presentations
- Representing Blueprint Genetics at national and international conferences
- Developing and presenting educational content, such as webinars, for marketing purposes
- Travel up to 25% of time
What we expect from you
We are looking for a person with a patient-first mindset, who is truly motivated to find answers for individuals affected by inherited diseases. You are able to deliver high-quality results independently, and taking responsibility comes naturally to you. At the same time, you are a team player with an eagerness to work towards a common goal. You are enthusiastic about keeping up with the most recent scientific findings and developing your expertise. You work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment and you adjust effortlessly to evolving situations.
- Doctoral degree (MD, PhD) in medical specialty, or related science
- ABMGG certification in good standing in clinical molecular genetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG)
- A minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in a CAP/CLIA laboratory
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as peer-reviewed scientific journal articles and curate pertinent data findings in a clear and detail-oriented manner
- Preferred NY certificate of qualification or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of business, medical, and technical personnel
- Thorough knowledge of technical aspects of all tests performed and equipment utilized in the discipline for which he/she is responsible.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work well under stress
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics you will work with dedicated and innovative colleagues and experts with versatile backgrounds, whilst having an opportunity to support industry-changing solutions at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer you generous health, dental, and vision insurance plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off, company paid holidays, and 1 floating holiday. You will join an open, global and collaborative work environment where you can learn and grow together with the company.
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com
How to apply
Please log in or register to upload a resume and complete the online application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can contact Steven Hanna, Talent Acquisition Partner at Quest Diagnostics, email@example.com