Senior System Specialist
Infrastructure – Helsinki
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We value team work, transparency, customer focus and sense of purpose. If you're ready for a career where you get to use your hard-core System Specialist skills and develop them further, this is the position for you. You will be running our server, network and office infrastructure as well as managing licensing in a challenging environment in a highly regulated and fast growing business area.
As a full-time Senior System Specialist, your responsibility is to take care of our on-premise, office and data center hardware, software administration and maintenance and to provide technical support mainly to internal customers. We expect you to be able to design and implement infrastructure solutions ranging from office wireless network to active directory. In this role, you understand the importance of being open to different solutions and technologies, since there rarely is a single solution for the issue at hand.
You will report to IT Operations Manager and be part of our IT Operations team, where you can share ideas, learn and work together with great colleagues.
- Server hardware acquisition, maintenance, installation, assembly, configuration and monitoring in a physical and virtualized environments
- Wireless office network development, design and planning. SSH tunnels and bridges. VPN connectivity between stakeholders. Firewall configurations and similar
- O365, Azure and AWS infrastructure architecture, planning and design. Licensing, IDM, security and integrations.
- Documentation and end user training
- Plus, HIPAA/GDPR/ISO27001 knowledge, security and compliance focused mindset
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve acquired your skills in your previous job or just through your passion. Motivation and interest towards server, network and infrastructure are the keys to succeed in this position.
- 5-10 years previous experience of System Specialist tasks
- Change and growth mindset: we are looking for a person who is interested in building new systems and infrastructure from the scratch and who is eager to take new responsibilities along the way
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate both with the tech and non-tech people
- Service-oriented mindset with "can-do" -attitude
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Finnish residency
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a part of our global team of creative and solution-oriented people. You will be working at the forefront of health and life sciences in a company that contributes to the benefit of patients worldwide.
- We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment, where days won’t definitely be boring
- Great team members and company culture
- Many opportunities to learn and grow together with the company
- A flat organisational structure with plenty of room to take responsibility and influence decision-making
- State-of-the-art tools
Please submit your application and CV along with your salary request latest on December 16. Position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.