Clinical Bioinformatics Associate
Clinical Bioinformatics – Helsinki
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. Next generation sequencing (NGS) produces large quantities of data, requiring highly efficient computing infrastructure and data analysis pipelines. To meet the challenges imposed by our rapid growth, we are looking for a Clinical Bioinformatics Associate with interest and experience in the field of bioinformatics.
We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds who share the passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders. Our constantly evolving diagnostic portfolio currently includes over 200 tests that cover a wide variety of clinical specialties and diagnostic approaches, including Whole Exome Sequencing. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. If you have the ambition to be among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine, you might be the person we are looking for.
In this position you are responsible for daily production duties involving our state-of-the-art automated bioinformatics analysis pipeline. Your task is to monitor the performance of the analysis pipeline and troubleshoot when necessary. Clinical Bioinformatics Associate evaluates and reports QC metrics and statistics from the analysis. You are performing bioinformatic analyses for the analytical validation of new laboratory assays and bioinformatic analysis tools as well as for research projects. Together with Bioinformatics R&D team, you can also contribute to development of the bioinformatics pipeline.
- MSc in Bioinformatics or related field
- Work experience in NGS data analysis projects is required
- Intermediate skills in scripting/programming (e.g. Python, bash, R) is required. Experience in cloud computing is an asset.
- Knowledge of latest bioinformatic tools and genetic variant/bioinformatic databases is valued
- Experience in working under certified and accredited quality management systems is an asset
- Fluent skills in oral and written English are a necessity
As a person, we expect you to have:
- Great attention to detail
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent follow-through abilities
- Fitting the immediate, low-hierarchy and positive Blueprint culture
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a valued part of our global and multidisciplinary team of people who want to make a difference. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with a unique company and great colleagues. You get to use everything you have learned in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before.
Please submit your application and CV along with your salary request at the latest on December 16. Position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Clinical Bioinformatics Team Leader Dr. Mikko Muona at mikko.muona[at]blueprintgenetics.com.