Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare with our four guiding principles: sense of purpose, teamwork, transparency and customer focus. We are at the forefront of health and life sciences and one of the leading companies in genetic testing and diagnostics. We are currently looking for an American Board-Certified Genetic Counselor to join our Clinical Genomics Support team. This position is based out of our North American office (Seattle, WA) but can be performed remotely as well.
The Clinical Genomics Liaison will ensure that clients of Blueprint Genetics receive genomic services, both consultative and laboratory, of the highest quality. Toward this end, you will participate in client consultation, education, and scientific initiatives. You will collaborate with marketing, sales, research, and development, as well as the laboratory operations and support staff.
You will join a group of high performing and experienced genetic counselors dedicated to promoting and executing high standards in the support, development, and delivery of diagnostic germline genetic testing.
Your main tasks will include:
- Providing advanced clinical support services for existing and potential Blueprint Genetics customers and internally to the Client Services Team and the Genetics Services Consultant Team.
- Discussing appropriate testing strategies, assisting with the interpretation of test results, methodology, standards and limitations.
- Providing feedback from customers to guide and improve product and service development.
- Assisting in the identification of internal educational needs.
- Preparing and delivering internal training on Blueprint Genetics products and services, as well as external educational presentations such as webinars.
- Contributing to the elevation of Blueprint Genetics scientific profile through research, abstract and manuscript preparation.
- Working with external and internal collaborators on research projects.
- Supervising genetic counseling students rotating with the laboratory.
- Serving as an expert resource for internal departments including operations, training, marketing, sales, business development, R&D, and the laboratory.
- Participating in the Medical Genetics and Genetic Counseling communities.
- Participating in appropriate Patient Organizations.
- Providing field-based support, working collaboratively with specialty sales forces, to enhance our clients understanding of Blueprint Genetics’ offerings and educate them based on the latest science and guidelines to support the appropriate test for their patient.
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling or related field, plus two or more years of related experience preferred
- American Board Genetic Counseling Certification with active accreditation.
Ability to travel for field-based support, professional meetings, and corporate meetings (estimated at 30%).
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic attitude about taking on new challenges and being part of a growing company.
- 3 + years of clinical experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in a commercial setting is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
At Blueprint Genetics you will work with dedicated and innovative colleagues and experts with versatile backgrounds, whilst having an opportunity to support industry-changing solutions at the forefront of health and life sciences. We offer you generous health, dental, and vision insurance plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off, company paid holidays, and 1 floating holiday. You will join an open, global and collaborative work environment where you can learn and grow together with the company.
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com