Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We want to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by inherited diseases. Our constantly evolving diagnostic portfolio currently includes over 200 tests that cover a wide variety of clinical specialties and diagnostic approaches, including Whole Exome Sequencing. Next generation sequencing (NGS) produces large quantities of data, requiring highly efficient computing infrastructure and data analysis pipelines. To meet the challenges imposed by our rapid growth, we are looking for two Clinical Bioinformatics Specialists to join our Clinical Bioinformatics team in Espoo, Finland.
We are looking for you, who wants to make a difference
As a Clinical Bioinformatics Specialist, you are either responsible for clinical genetic testing production duties involving our state-of-the-art automated bioinformatics analysis pipeline or performing analyses in various projects with our customers including for example pharmaceutical companies. You will join a team of four bioinformatics experts, who are passionate about utilizing their knowledge in life sciences and bioinformatics to provide customers and patients genetic testing results that make a difference.
Your main tasks will include:
- Running and monitoring bioinformatics analysis pipeline either in day-to-day clinical genetic testing setting or in custom projects and troubleshooting when necessary
- Evaluate and report QC metrics and statistics from the analysis
- Perform bioinformatic analyses for assay validation and development projects
- Together with Bioinformatics R&D team, contribute to development of the bioinformatics pipeline
We are hoping to find a self-driven colleague with previous experience in NGS data analysis projects. You have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail. You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities. Furthermore, we aspire to find a team member who has curiosity and eagerness to learn and grow with us and who fits the inclusive, low-hierarchy and international culture of Blueprint Genetics.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or other relevant field of education
- Experience in NGS data analysis projects
- Intermediate skills in programming (e.g. Python, bash, R). Experience in cloud computing is an asset.
- Knowledge of latest bioinformatics tools and genetic variant/bioinformatic databases is valued
- Experience in working under certified and accredited quality management systems is an asset.
- Fluent communication skills in in English, both spoken and written
- Effective organizational skills and ability to follow-through
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a growing company that makes a real difference – Blueprint Genetics has a clear and motivating purpose to improve the lives of patients and families affected by inherited diseases. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes.
- A positive, open and international work environment with great people from different fields of expertise. We are a team of close to 300 experienced professionals, who collaborate to drive genetic knowledge forward.
- Flexible working conditions and employee benefits such as participation in performance-based bonus payment system, extensive occupational healthcare with Heltti, sports, culture & wellbeing benefit, team events & office parties (once the covid-situation allows)
How to apply
Please submit your application and CV at the latest on Monday May 23. Interviews will start during the application period. We hope you join our team as soon as possible. The position is permanent and full-time.
If you have any questions about the role, you can contact Clinical Bioinformatics Team Manager Dr. Mikko Muona at mikko.muona[at]blueprintgenetics.com