Blueprint Genetics is a leading clinical genetic testing company aspiring to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. Our global team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Database Engineer to join us in developing our data intensive web apps.
We are looking for you, who wants to make a difference
We improve the lives of individuals and families affected by inherited diseases. Join our Software Development team who shares a sense of purpose focused on patient care.
What we offer
We offer you meaningful work in an open, flexible, and collaborative company that values continuous learning. You will work with highly motivated colleagues and experts with versatile backgrounds, whilst having the opportunity to develop industry-changing solutions at the forefront of health and life sciences.
About the role
We build products that are used for genetics diagnostics, which is a very data intensive domain. In production we use AWS RDS to host our MySQL instances and DynamoDB. So far, our full stack software developers and cloud engineers have been taking care of our databases. In this role you would be collaborating with them to make sure our databases are modern, performant, safe and well designed. This role also includes database maintenance tasks.
- You like data and enjoy working with databases
- You have worked as a full stack developer or similar before focusing on databases
- You have good knowledge of MySQL, including past experiences in maintaining, updating, and optimizing and normalising databases
- AWS is familiar to you, at least you can work comfortably with RDS
- You have worked with NoSQL databases and know where they shine
- You have effective communication skills in English (Finnish is not needed)
- You are proficient in one programming language (Our newer projects use TypeScript/Node but we have PHP and Golang in production as well)
- Designing and optimising database schemas, configuring and optimising database engines
- Helping teams in preparing mock databases for local development and staging environments
- Proactively maintain and improve the databases
- Sharing and expanding knowledge about databases in different teams
Our office is in Espoo, Finland. Working fully remotely is also possible. You can work from any city in Finland, Estonia, Germany, Spain, or Sweden.
How to apply
If you are interested in continuing the discussion, all you need to do is submit your CV or share your LinkedIn profile with us through our online form. We hope to hear from you soon!
In case you have any questions, feel free to drop an email to Tech Talent Acquisition Consultant email@example.com.
Our hiring process includes
- A short call with our recruiter
- An interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes)
- Tech discussion with two software developers – no live coding, or puzzles, just a conversation (60-90 minutes)
- Reference checks
Who are we?
We are a specialty genetics and bioinformatics company focused on providing genetic testing for inherited diseases. We are based in Helsinki and Seattle, with a customer base spanning over 70 countries. www.blueprintgenetics.com
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com