FMT Geneticist (MSc) for targeted variant testing analysis
Clinical Interpretation – Helsinki
Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing clinical genetic testing company? Our Clinical Interpretation Team is looking for a FMT Geneticist (MSc) for a permanent position. Our team consists of talented PhD level geneticists, who evaluate the results of genetic testing, classify identified variants using variety of databases and literature, and interpret the clinical relevance of the variants. Our geneticists are helped by experienced clinical consultants from different medical fields to formulate the findings into insightful clinical report for easy interpretation of the results for the ordering health-care professional and the patient. In addition to the day-to-day interpretation work, we are involved in developing the tools and panel contents to further improve the possibilities of genetic testing in clinical setting.
You will be working in the Clinical Interpretation Team and analyzing targeted variant testing results of our Family member testing (FMT) product. Your work is very detail-oriented and guided by precise guidelines. However, you need problem-solving skills to apply those guidelines in practice.
Your main tasks will include:
- Analysis and interpretation of targeted variant testing data
- Sanger sequencing data
- NGS based data
- Reporting of test results
- database searches and literature review
- variant classification according to BpG variant classification scheme
- writing variant and gene descriptions
- submitting reports
- follow-up reporting
You have finished your MSc studies in genetics or molecular biology. Special interest in medical/human genetics is mandatory and previous experience with sequencing data and variant nomenclature is an asset.
The ideal candidate has:
- strong knowledge on human genetics and current gene testing methods
- great attention to detail
- ability to follow precise guidelines and perform routine work
- excellent written and verbal skills in Finnish and English
- self-starter and goal-oriented mindset
- natural curiosity and eagerness to learn new skills
- capability to adjust to a fast-evolving environment
- motivation to work in a team towards a common goal
- courage to make independent decisions when needed
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to work with our global team of experts who are passionate about changing peoples’ lives through developing groundbreaking solutions and taking genetic diagnostics to mainstream healthcare. You will be working at the forefront of health and life sciences in a company that in a short time has become one of the leading companies in genetic testing and diagnostics.
We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment, where you can learn and grow together with the company. You get to work in an organizational structure and culture, where there’s plenty of room to take responsibility, influence decision-making and seeing your ideas come to life.
This position is permanent full-time position.
Please, submit your application and CV as soon as possible, but at the latest on 31st of March. Ability to start in May would be appreciated. Position will be filled as soon as possible, at the latest in May.
For more information about the position, you can contact our Clinical Interpretation Manager, Tiia Kangas-Kontio, tiia.kangas-kontio(at)blueprintgenetics.com or via phone +358 40 755 3999 on March 21st and 27th at any time.