Production Support – Seattle
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. Our company is growing rapidly and we are currently looking for a highly motivated, full-time Accessioning Specialists to join our new operations in Seattle, WA.
As an Accessioning Specialist, You confirm that samples arriving to our laboratory comply with our sample requirements and that the enclosed paperwork is sufficient. You use your knowledge of our products and your background in life sciences to make sure the test choices are optimal for the customer’s needs. Your work is very detail-oriented and guided by precise guidelines. You need problem-solving skills to apply those guidelines in practice for the diverse patient cases we get. You work closely with our customer support, clinical genetics support and billing support personnel.
Your main tasks will include
- Performing sample reception processes in the laboratory
- Recording sample information in Laboratory Information System
- Performing quality control for clinical samples and clinical records
- Examining requisitions to ascertain acceptability against established criteria
- Investigating incomplete or unacceptable submissions
- Providing timely follow-up communication with appropriate individuals or departments when materials are determined to be unacceptable or lack adequate information
- Organizing samples and paperwork per established protocol
- Performing logistics tasks for clinical samples and test kits
- Performing maintenance of the laboratory facility and equipment
- Performing quality management related tasks
- Providing support for sales and marketing teams
- Performing continuous improvement of sample reception processes
You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, and higher education and/or specialization in medical genetics is an asset. The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal skills in English as well as a working knowledge of medical/genetic terminology. Working together for a common goal motivates you. You have superior attention to detail and strong organization skills. You are enthusiastic to learn more about our products and production processes and have the passion and creativity to help develop them further. Previous experience in laboratory accessioning operations is an asset. The selected candidates may be required to attend training in San Francisco, CA.
Physical Demands and Work environment.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and specimens
What we offer
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference for people's health. Blueprint Genetics is a company with clear and motivating purpose to our employees and we have a strong and positive employer brand within our field.
- You will be working at the forefront of health and life sciences in a company that in a short time has become one of the leading companies in genetic testing and diagnostics.
- Chance to develop your skills further in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Positive and international work environment with great people. We are a team of experienced, but young professionals who share the passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders.