Medical Billing – Seattle
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. Our company is growing rapidly and we are currently looking for a highly motivated, full-time Billing Specialist to join our new operations in Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in handling medical claims and appeals preferably in the Genetic field along with an understanding of the various requirements for reimbursement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Submit new claims and follow up in a timely manner
- Review denials on an explanation of benefits (EOB) statement and work on issues until resolved
- Analyze A/R reports to follow up on unpaid or underpaid claims
- Send out appeals on claims that require an appeal
- Submit any required documentation to insurance companies as requested
- Research and resolve client billing problems or issues
- Document payment records and issues as they occur
- Establish and verify insurance eligibility and benefits for patients
- Communicate the insurance information with the patients in a clear and friendly manner
- Obtains patients information from hospitals and/or other facilities as needed
- Provide support on special projects or additional duties as needed
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates degree, further education is a plus
- Must work well with other employees and provide excellent customer service, and has a positive attitude and is a quick learner
- Minimum of 3-5 years' work experience in billing environment preferably in Genetic Testing or other health care area
- Proficient computer skills with focus on Microsoft Office programs - Word & Excel
- Able to prioritize and operate proactively
- Knowledge of CPT codes, medical terminology, insurance plans, ICD 10 codes is a must
- Familiarity with Officeally, Salesforce, Availity and Quickbooks is a Plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference for people's health. Blueprint Genetics is a company with clear and motivating purpose to our employees and we have a strong and positive employer brand within our field.
- You will be working at the forefront of health and life sciences in a company that in a short time has become one of the leading companies in genetic testing and diagnostics.
- Chance to develop your skills further in a rapidly evolving business environment
Positive and international work environment with great people.