HR & Admin Specialist
People Operations – Seattle
Are you an HR professional who has a passion to work with a variety of HR and office related matters and help us to build even a better workplace for our people? Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. The company is growing fast and since we recognize the importance of our personnel, we are looking for the HR & Admin Specialist to join us in our brand new office in Seattle, WA.
As the HR & Admin Specialist, you will be responsible for North America’s HR processes and practices from payroll and benefits to providing support to the personnel in a variety of employment matters. In addition to HR administrative responsibilities, you will also be supporting our managers in recruitments, new employee onboarding and participating in the development of our HR processes and company culture further.
Your main tasks will include:
- Key contact person to the outsourced HR and payroll (US/Canada)
- Responsible for high quality personnel data and HR document management (e.g. time sheets, employee data, PTO, leaves of absence)
- Offer daily support in various employment related matters and inquiries
- Strong support in recruitments and new employee onboarding
- Participate in internal communication (e.g. Intranet, HR newsletters) and assist in organizing personnel events
- Ensure compliance in all human resources policies, procedures and reporting
- Manage, administer and develop HR policies and practices and make sure that all related documents are up-to-date and communicated to the personnel
- Assist in developing North America People Operations processes, practices and tools to support our business growth, workplace happiness and productivity together with the managers and leaders
- Help to maintain and strengthen our unique company culture and values
- Administer office management functions such us office supply and equipment purchases and act as a primary contact for facility related matters
- Assist with finance related tasks such as accounts payable and employee expense report processing
In this position you will be working in close cooperation with Managers in our Seattle office and the Group People Operations team in Helsinki.
Ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in diverse HR tasks, prererably in administrative HR positions. Previous experience in office management is seen as an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, Business or related field
- Good knowledge of US state and federal employment and labor laws. Familiarity with the Canadian employment and labor laws is a plus.
- Previous experience of payroll practices and employee benefits
- Service-oriented, proactive and hands-on mindset. True interest to support personnel and managers in several employment relations matters.
- Previous work experience in recruitments and new employee onboarding in high growth modern organizations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage variety of different tasks in an environment that is constantly developing and changing
- Strong interaction and communication skills in English to enable good cooperation and trust building with different stakeholders. Due to the close cooperation with our headquarters in Helsinki, this position requires flexibility in working times.
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference for people's health. Blueprint Genetics is a company with clear and motivating purpose to our employees and we have a strong and positive employer brand within our field.
- Chance to develop your skills and advance in your career in a rapidly evolving business environment. This position is new in our organization and thus you’ll have a great opportunity to impact on the role and its responsibilities and grow together with the company.
- In this position you can work in a culture which is transparent, ambitious, international and where a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds share a passion for helping patients and families suffering from inherited disorders.
- Health benefits: Health, Dental and, Vision insurance plans
- Life insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Time off and company paid holidays and 1 floating holiday
Please submit your application and resume along with your salary request at the latest on April 21st. Position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For more information about the position, please contact Seidi Haarer, seidi.haarer(at)blueprintgenetics.com.