Software Development – Helsinki
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are growing rapidly and strengthening our software development ability, while creating state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to transform clinical genetics. To achieve this, we are now looking for a Front-end Developer to join our Software Development team. The Software Development team works together with our Data Science and Bioinformatics teams to create solutions for both our customers and our own organization.
In this role, your responsibility is to develop our front-ends for external and internal customers by implementing and maintaining the front-ends and supporting design of the new features. You are fluent with modern UI technologies and understand how features are built in an agile way. You work in a team of other software developers, interacting with our cross-functional team of other professionals.
Your typical day consists of implementation of the new features and maintenance of existing ones. It means hands on coding but also contributing to planning of the new features. We are operating in Linux and AWS environment accessing peta bytes of data.
In order to be successful in this role, we expect you to have/know
- Relevant educational background, for example a BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum two years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Experience in working as a member in an agile development team
The following qualities are considered as advantages
- Understanding of UX design principles
- Linux knowledge
- AWS knowledge
We offer you
- An opportunity to build and develop world-class, high-impact, industry-changing scalable solutions at the forefront of health and life sciences that contribute to the benefit of patients worldwide
- A flat organizational structure with plenty of room to take responsibility and influence the decision-making
- Rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with the company
- Big enough company to have interesting opportunities to further develop yourself, yet small enough to make you feel recognized and at home
- You get to be a valued member of our global team of creative and solution-oriented people
- Great company culture combined with competitive compensation and different, continuously evolving perks to show your work is appreciated
Since you might have some additional questions about the position, you can contact Iikka Olli, Director, R&D by email iikka.olli(at)blueprintgenetics.com. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.