Are you an expert in human genetics and inherited human diseases? Do you have the ambition to utilize your experience in genetic interpretation whilst being among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine? Are you passionate about helping patients? If you answered “yes,” you might be the person we are looking for!
Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds, who share the passion for helping patients and families affected by inherited disorders. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers.
To meet demands arising from rapid growth, we are looking for a Geneticist to join our Helsinki Clinical Interpretation Team.
In this Geneticist position, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced, highly motivated geneticist team that places great value in high-class clinical interpretation. We have a diverse genetic testing portfolio including, targeted variant analysis, approximately 3,900 single genes, over 220 panels across 14 medical specialties and whole exome sequencing.
Your daily work will entail analyzing the genetic data with our in-house developed interpretation tool and writing the test results into high-class written statements. Interpretation of the data requires the use of several databases, genetic tools and understanding how the clinical history of the patient matches with the findings. In challenging cases, you are supported by a group of clinical consultants in various medical specialties.
We are looking for a person who is genuinely motivated by providing true care for the patients. You are able to deliver high-quality results independently, and taking responsibility comes to you naturally. At the same time, you are a true team player with an eagerness to work towards a common goal. You are enthusiastic about keeping up with the most recent scientific findings and developing your expertise. You work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced production environment and you adjust effortlessly to evolving situations.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Ph.D. in Genetics or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics.
- Excellent understanding of human genetics, inheritance models and inherited human diseases and ability to understand medical terminology and learn clinical aspects of the diseases.
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases, in addition to experience in NGS methods.
- Uncompromised attention to detail. In practice this means analytical, critical and systemic approach, as well as ability to follow rules is needed to maintain coherent variant classifications throughout the team and high quality of the reports.
- Experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods is an asset, but similar research experience is valued as well.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are a necessity.
- Strong experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS is a necessity for a possible remote position.
What we offer
At Blueprint Genetics, the work you do has real impact in patient’s lives, and this commitment is something our team takes great pride in.
Our global and multidisciplinary team of geneticists is a unique group of almost 30 PhD level scientists and Clinical Laboratory Geneticists. Our team members have an average more than 13 years of previous scientific experience, several years in clinical diagnostics (per person) and approximately 500 peer-reviewed scientific articles published, thus you will be supported by a group with extensive experience in the field.
You get to utilize your skills and experience in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before. Our working culture is immediate, positive and we work in low-hierarchy teams and organization. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment, where you can learn and grow together with the company and great colleagues!
If you are up for the challenge, please, submit your application and CV at the latest by August 16, 2020 with your salary request.
This position is preferably based out of our Helsinki office but can be performed remotely in the EU region as well.
In case of any questions, you may send a message to interpretation_managers(at)blueprintgenetics.com