Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetics knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. Our company is growing and we are currently looking for a full-time Medical Technologist to join our operations in Seattle, WA.
The Medical Technologist performs tests requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility in those specialties in which the Technologist is qualified by education, training and experience. In addition, the Medical Technologist is responsible for assuring that a given test system is operated in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual and that the applicable quality control requirements are met. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing assigned tests in accordance with the laboratory's procedure manual, ensuring that applicable quality control requirements are met.
- Ensures that test systems are "in control" for each test performed.
- Ensures that each test is performed according to the schedule outlined by laboratory protocol.
- Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Reports any actual or potential deviation from standard or accepted testing procedures, and cooperates fully with any investigation of same.
- May assist supervisor with training of technicians and other laboratory personnel.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Maintains laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional and sanitary condition.
- Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements.
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b) engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed by management.
- May be required, in the absence of a Supervisor, to assume lead responsibilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by competent authority.
Ability to stand and work at the bench for extended periods of time.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological, chemical or physical science from an accredited institution, plus one (1) year full-time testing experience and/or training in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Molecular lab experience needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic theoretical and operational job knowledge in designated specialty required.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries from clients.
- Knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of computer terminal operations.
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner.
- Required to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
What We Offer:
- Generous health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans.
- Competitive paid time off and holiday policy.
- Traditional 401(k), FSA, HSA, EAP and commuter benefits.
- Chance to develop your skills further in a rapidly evolving business environment.
- Positive and international work environment with great people.
- We are a team of experienced, young professionals who share the passion to help patients and families with inherited disorders.