Senior Billing Representative
Seattle, Multiple locations
Interested in joining a rapidly growing life sciences company? Blueprint Genetics is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers. Our Seattle billing and invoicing team is looking for a proactive and customer focused team player, to fill our full-time senior billing representative position.
In this role you are responsible for collecting on client accounts from assigned sales regions and reviewing claims to ensure billing accuracy. You will act as client communications liaison and handle phone inquiries professionally. An Ideal candidate is responsible and proactive team player, who has experience in working with laboratory billing in the area of molecular genetics.
• Responsible for collections on assigned client accounts.
• Monitor and expedite resolution of credit balances.
• Assists in documenting A/R collection process in Standard Operating Procedure format.
• Updates collection comments and develops action plan for collecting accounts on “Month End A/R Analysis: Over 90 Days Over $5,000”.
• Initiates and maintains a file of monthly payment agreements as approved by the Supervisor. Follows up according to set departmental policies if payments are not received as agreed upon.
• Recommends, based on collection experience with the client, accounts that should be referred to an outside collection agency. With the approval of Supervisor prepares the necessary paperwork to write off these delinquent accounts.
• Communicates with the sales representatives to enlist assistance with collection problems.
• Processes monthly charges and adjustments as approved by Supervisor.
• Fully responsible for Client communications on assigned accounts.
• Responsible for analysis and review of target accounts.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Sets up and maintains files for assigned client accounts.
• Education Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Work Experience: Requires minimum 3 years of Collection experience.
• Computer/Data Entry experience required.
• Requires 5 years Accounts Receivable experience.
• Other: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Banking and Credit knowledge required.
• Professional/Customer Service telephone attitude.
• PC skills with EXCEL and Word (or similar) proficiency required.
• Must be able to operate 10-key adding machine.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience in working with laboratory billing in the area of molecular genetics is strongly preferred
What We Offer
• Chance to develop your skills further in a rapidly evolving business environment
• Positive and international work environment with great people
• Strong values centered around patient care
• Generous health, dental and vision insurance plans
• Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Paid time off, company paid holidays and 1 floating holiday